What would you do if you knew you would die in 5 years?

Tell me what you would do

2 Likes

Spend as much time with my Mom as possible

4 Likes

It’s probably already really true. Nothing, live out the rest of my days in solitude and peace. I had my good years, now I just want to wind down quietly.

1 Like

Did you got 20 plus years left in you at least

It’s really beautiful that you love your mother

1 Like

Maybe if I lose weight, exercise and eat right. Those are big ifs though.

1 Like

I’m not supposed to be alive right now and I don’t know if I’ll be alive next year. I’m not waiting until tomorrow to do the things I want to do today.

3 Likes

This is supposed to be a thought experiment where people engage in the effort of understanding themselves the sense that they would determine their actions based on the concept of losing their lives. I did not mean to engender the concept of losing one’s life or collaborate upon the idea thereof

That’s voice to text so it’s kind of bullshit. But you get the idea

I would spend so much time letting everyone I love how much they mean to me. There’s a country song about a guy who learns he has cancer, and he changes the way he lives- took time to fish with his dad, that kind of stuff. I’d do that. I’d stop worrying about spending money on stupid things and invest it in things that matter like time with the people I love. I’d find a way to make sure my husband would be set up once I was gone. I’d write letters, take pictures. I wouldn’t work or go to school; I may enjoy it, but I would enjoy the time with my loved ones more.

2 Likes

Good explanation and that song sounds really good

1 Like