Earning cash ideas

Hey sz fam.
So im very sick of being broke all the time stuck on disability. I cant really handle getting a full on official job but i need to make more money to get by. I want cash so my disability doesnt get reduced which would defeat the purpose. After rent and bills and everything i cant even afford to eat for the second week in the fortnightly pay cycle every time. Its driving me mad.
Any ideas for ways to make some cash on the side?

3 Likes

Theres always pickpocket.

Nah, I’m just kidding. Maybe ask friends and family if they have any odd jobs for you. Lawn mowing could be a decent source of income this time of year. Lots of people need their lawns mowed.

I mean if you are looking for unconvential stuff and not an official job. IDK.

4 Likes

I hear you…I have no ideas as I can’t work.

1 Like

Odd jobs man… advertise on social media or put flyers up… theres always people who need work done at home who want someone else to do it

It can be tricky but you can turn down work if you dont want to try it.

Thats the easiest thing really

Buying and reselling stuff is popular too. Can be time consuming but if you get good at it you can make a lot.

3 Likes

You are Australian so emu racing bets

4 Likes

Get a part time job working in a department store stocking shelves or a custodial job or doing light warehouse work etc. I’ve been working part time for decades and I’m able to collect my full SSDI benefits. I think the monthly ceiling is around $1500-$1600 dollars, you can earn up to that much each month and keep your benefits. I unloaded trucks in my thirties and was a park ranger in my forties. Also worked at Target, Macy’s, Sears and Kohl’s.

2 Likes

Cash jobs like labor, dog walking, pet sitting, picking up dog poop, and cleaning people’s homes. You can state you only accept cash

2 Likes

@AussieSchiz What industry or work did you used to do? What is your technical trade?

1 Like

Sorry to hear that man, I understand what you mean completely tho. Sucks when money’s tight.. maybe a pt can help or like cash contribution jobs. Idk how it works there but here you can earn a certain amount before it gets reduced

2 Likes

Buying and selling online might be a good idea

1 Like

Do you smoke/vape?

1 Like

I don’t think they would allow this in my state

It could be just a California law

2 Likes

I dunno. Ive done tons of different entry level jobs over the years. Kitchen hand/dishy, factory work, department store, fast food etc. The closest thing to a ‘trade’ as you say would be when i worked as a panner making millions of chocolate coated macadamia nuts in a factory for a couple years.

1 Like

I used to smoke and vape and i could really go some lately. But alas, i have quit for a few weeks and trying not to go back. My gf would kick my ass if i do go back haha.

1 Like

Could you breed cats, dogs, or some other Aussie pets?

1 Like

How does that work? Get dogs and sell thier puppies or something?

We got a few bottles and can people where I live. You get 20-30 cents for each bottle you collect.

1 Like

Yeah I think it’s better money for rare breeds. Or you could grow microgreens :seedling: and sell those.

1 Like

Yeah, he is australian right?

Maybe he could rent out his pockets to kangaroos too

:smiley:

4 Likes