Going to school but…

Absolute not! There are people who have finished degrees in their 80s! They’re always celebrated. It’s very admirable to pursue your dream while balancing adult life and work. I say go for it!

1 Like

I think I will. I have a passion for the universe and its laws.

9 Likes

Chase your dreams @PhotoGuy . You’ll never know unless you try.

3 Likes

Maybe it depends on why you are getting the degree. You seem to be studying physics because you find enjoyment and maybe a sense of purpose in it. I don’t see why someone would be too old for that if their brain is relatively healthy.

If, on the other hand, you wanted to become a physics professor: I was once being tutored by a math guy with gray hair at a university. Someone mentioned the thought of him becoming a professor there. He replied something like: “You don’t want me. You’ve got too many YOUNG, tenured professors.” The university employee just smiled in confirmation.

2 Likes

@PhotoGuy Do you want to be fifty and have no degree or do you want to be fifty with a degree?

2 Likes

Me too. Im very interested in such stuff. Could u DM