Has anyone quitted smoking by

Reducing the cigs you used to smoke?

I’ve tried to quit cold turkey but I’ve failed miserably.

I know the target is 0 cigs, but does anyone have a success story?

Anyways, feel free to comment how did you quit. The emotional struggles, the physical discomfort and whatnot.

I quit cold turkey in 2017. I wasn’t a heavy smoker, so it wasn’t too bad. Honestly don’t remember much about it – I was way gone in psychosis. This doesn’t help much lol sorry

4 Likes

Everytime I stopped smoking nicotine cigs I would taper my consumption by only smoking part of the cig and then ashing it and relighting it later… then eventually destroying or getting rid of the packs and lighters… also cleaning everything that smelled like smoke

2 Likes

Ive stopped and then started back up again a million times. I always quit cold turkey. I get health anxiety and start worrying about heart attacks so its always easy to quit for me. But then years later i’ll just randomly feel like starting to smoke again and do. Its stupid. It kills you and is expensive.

1 Like

I’m in grief today and miss cigarette,but I’m just sucking these pouches,it’s been almost two months since last one …

1 Like

I stopped cold turkey for nearly 2 years but went back due to stress

Have smoked since I was about 11/12 years old with only that 18 month or so quitting

Am nearly 40 now

1 Like

I quit cold turkey 20 years ago. I got tired of the stench, constant addiction, always craving, the need to stand outside in the cold and smoke. Paying money to do something that is bad for you.

But I started using Swedish snus instead. I’m going to quit that after summer.

3 Likes

I’ve quit smoking many times, only to start again soon after. Five years ago, I tried an e-cigarette (a cartridge system). First with a strong liquid, then with a milder one. Now I mainly use nicotine-free e-cigarettes. Giving up nicotine was easy and straightforward; all that remains is the psychological dependence.

1 Like

I can’t quit. I’ve tried several times

2 Likes

I first tried switching to vaping. But I ended up smoking even more.

So I tried gum, but the craving were intense so I switched to the patches. I was still craving so I tried cold turkey while sucking on hard candy. Still ended up smoking.

So I decided to take a day where I smoked as much as I wanted, but I counted every cigarette. Then, I had one less cigarette than I did that day every day for the next week, and then subtracted another for the next week and so on until the last day I smoked half a cigarette and finally quit.

In other words, if on the day I smoked to my hearts content it was 20 cigarettes, for the next week I had 19 a day, followed by 18 for the next week and so on.

I also sucked on mints sometimes.

The weaning off method was the only one that worked for me. I wasn’t a candidate for Chantix or whatever that med is called so I had to come up with a better way for me and I did. My last cigarette was in 2015.

4 Likes