Hubby has insomnia and i'm sleeping all the time

He hasnt slept in 4 days but has zopiclone to take tonight. He gets insomnia occasionally especially when ive kept him awake struggling, so got to try hard not to do that again, shucks!

I’m sleeping day and night im so tired and hate being alone so would rather sleep as a form of escapism. Im quiet and subdued would best describe it no bad thoughts tho.

Ive depot this weds and a food delivery, apart from that just getting by

4 Likes

I also do this. I was bored today so I slept. Not exactly healthy fleeing from life like that.

2 Likes

I know but it helps when your tired i just wanna sleep

Hubby has been awake for 90 hours now 4 days, awake since Thursday lunchtime

Hes tried Zopiclone and diazapam there having no effect hes still awake

I rang ambulance but they asked him was he having any strange thoughts, he said no. No physical obvious either?

Hes going to gp doctors in a cab at 8am when they open , 2+ hrs away see what the dr says but i dont know theres only Tamazepam left to try

3 Likes

Sorry ducky, been through the same recently. Had the zopiclone and all. Did nothing really but give me gerd cough which lasted a month but seems to have almost resolved now. Best thing I found for insomnia is stay laying down in bed all day except for brief exercise daily.

1 Like

Sorry you had it and gerd.

Hubby laying awake in bed literally all the time. He isnt getting any sleep or even micro sleep. Im starting to worry now

The gp will probably give him tamazepam this morning , its 92 hrs now

1 Like

It can feel quite terrible, but eventually he will sleep. Im only getting a bit here and there now. I just slept 2 hrs, but am awake now.

1 Like

Im worried he will start having symptoms

And im worried about managing on my own im no good on my own he does a lot looking after me. Running out of milk and food. Ive a food delivery weds

1 Like

Yea same ive had 2 hours, been worrying

I slept a lot yesterday etc so im ok

I hope you sleep later @Schizbro its not good

1 Like

Has he tried wearing a blindfold? That helped me a great deal at first because it is an effort to keep eyes shut for long and keep opening and waking.

1 Like

No he hasnt tried that. I need to go doctors with him , leave in 40 mins , im dressed and ready to go

2 Likes

Gawd I hope hes feeling up to it.

1 Like

He has got a cab to the doctors just now as earliest appoint was 11am, he insisted on going by himself. Hes been hallucinating spiders in his bed. Speech more slow and slurred sometimes. But not too bad i think if he manages to sleep when he gets back he should be able to recover. But if he goes on without sleep its gonna get worse mentally and maybe physically

1 Like

Insomnia is a difficult thing to go through, but as long as one remains at rest sleeplessness is not so bad in itself. I had some trouble with tachycardia early in because I wasn’t resting enough I think.

1 Like

Thanks @Schizbro its worrying , i will keep you updated

1 Like

Cool. I’m not out of the woods yet in terms of my insomnia either, but I’m getting a few hours here and there and it seems ok for me.

1 Like

i have severe insomnia.i take lots of drugs for schizophrenia.this illnes ruined my life.

3 Likes

How long have you had insomnia?

it has been 3 years now.

1 Like

I hope you guys get it sorted soon. Dr gave him tamazepam, hes on his way home. See if that helps

2 Likes