I have been thinking about adoption - although not ready

Last week really pushed me a bit to think about adoption.

When I was younger I used to say one day I will adopt. My aunt would put me off saying don’t do that because she read somewhere that adopted children aren’t your own and could potentially unalive you. She is very much against the idea. But I also think she’s paranoid and has some kid of issue with her mental health.

My mum and she are no longer on talking terms for another reason. And I did broach the adoption subject with my mum yesterday and she was all for it, whether I have my own biological child or not she would love for me to have a child.

Obviously, I need to be sure though and so does my partner. I am not quite sure I am cut out to be a parent. But I might change my mind in future.

4 Likes

can you adopt me? i could use some money :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

sorry no money :confused: I need to be in a good financial position to adopt.. im aware of it

2 Likes