Just cried like a baby

Been having a difficult time sleeping lately with esophageal problems.

Have called the registered nurse line here before, they do nothing.

Out of the blue I called a certain kind of help line and as the lady spoke I started to ball my eyes out. Most I’ve cried in a very long time, tears and tears.

The esophageal problem has subsided tonite after that cry. I guess the urging is caused by nervous ststem stress, and crying seemed to relieve it. Still can’t sleep, but thats a promising development if I can stop the urging at night by crying.

8 Likes

Sometimes a good cry can be like hitting a reset button.

I’m sorry your esophageal issues are a source of major stress for you— it’s more than understandable.

Have you been taking that PRN for it? The one with the cardio side effects… Forget what it’s called. Are the symptoms of the esophageal stuff like muscle spasms? Maybe a muscle relaxer would help, I’m not sure.

Either way, I hope you get to feeling better soon @Schizbro :purple_heart:

3 Likes

Hey Schizbro, sorry about your health issue. I’m glad crying helped. It can be a relief to let go of tension when crying. Hope you your health issue sorted/ its sorted

2 Likes

Glad you feel a little bit better

4 Likes

I stopped the domperidone… dr said to try hydroxyzine… both give me palpitations/ irregular heart beat. Invega must have made my heart sensitive to that. I even get palpitations if I eat salty food. I just ate something and the urgung hasnt started.. it must be stress… thanks for your reply, always an angel :baby_angel:

1 Like

I hope it gets sorted too. I don’t know if I will be able to cry on a regular basis, but if my nervous system stress is high it may be possible. It just never occurred to me to cry before no matter how bad it got. Thanks for your reply too, I’m glad theres someone on the other side of the world looking out for us northern hemisphere insomniacs.

1 Like

Thanks Kaos! I Actually feel a heck of a lot better.

1 Like

Are they muscle spasms? I’m not sure, I guess they gotta be right? It’s like I’m vomiting, but with no vomit. Never vomited. Happens throughout the day occassionally but gets bad at night. I’ll ask about muscle relaxer, but I have no idea myself.

1 Like

If it’s stress-related then perhaps there might be some techniques you could try to mitigate it a little bit when you feel a flare-up coming on— baths/showers, scented candles/aromatherapy, nature sounds/calming music, low lighting… Might possibly help (if you haven’t tried this stuff already).

The vomiting sensation sounds really unpleasant— almost like a contraction or spasm of some kind. Maybe the muscle relaxers are worth a try if applicable— I hope your doctor/medical team will have some good and effective suggestions for you.

1 Like

Placing a peppermint lozenge under your tongue may help:

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/esophageal-spasms/diagnosis-treatment/drc-20372255

I have trouble crying even if i feel like i need to. Only when i am super stressed do i cry. Or if i watch a movie, then i cry easily

Sorry to hear you’re suffering

I’m sorry to hear you’re suffering too. It must be an awful feeling!

I’m so glad your good crying session helped. Maybe this is a way of telling you that you need to allow yourself to feel and express your emotions. Art, music, and exercise are excellent outlets for your emotions.

Makes me sad that a nice guy like you is suffering hope you feel better soon

1 Like

I’m sorry it makes you feel like that

Glad crying made you feel better

I hope the situation resolve soon :people_hugging:

1 Like

Crying can help sometimes. I hope you can get into remission. :hugs:

2 Likes

Hope you’re ok bro

1 Like

I’m sorry you were upset…hope you get to feeling better.

2 Likes

Thanks everyone. Just something I am going to have to try to manage. @POET @sweetpotatopie @TheCanuk @SzSupportAdmin

Can you please close this?

5 Likes