Crying again thankfully

I don’t know where to start. I have lost my ability to cry since around March this year. Till last night. Last night everything felt heavy and I actually started crying. Not just small tears, like full on sobbing. I sobbed so hard I screamed. I called the crisis line and cried on the phone with the peer support person. They just held space for me and let me cry.

I woke up this morning feeling hung over. I slept all night with my build-a-bear in my arms as a comfort thing. I felt like a little kid again.

This morning I cried more. It’s like my body is trying to purge these feelings I haven’t had or been able to access for the past several months.

Now my head is pounding and my eyes are bloodshot. But at least I was able to cry.

12 Likes

I cried that one night i made a thread about it… big sobbing tears… didnt happen again since. Love a good cry tho. Keep it going maybe with a viewing of Old Yeller. That movie gets me right there.

2 Likes

I’m sorry you’re emotionally so pained, but I’m really glad you were able to get out a good long cry. Go ahead and rest, nap, take a hot bath etc., anything to take care of yourself.

3 Likes

Crying is so healing. Glad you got to cry.

5 Likes

I cry Everytime I see my psychiatrist because I feel sorry for myself. It never fails.

5 Likes

I’m sorry @2Waynez .

1 Like

I’m so sorry @2Waynez crying isn’t fun

1 Like

i think its cathartic and part of the process. sorry youre going thru this but i think it will help in the long run :slight_smile:

2 Likes