Losing out on $500-$600

This year when I do my taxes I won’t qualify for the EIC (earned income credit) for the first time because I turned 65. It’s the first time in 30 years I won’t get it, I always look forward to the extra money each tax season in February but now my total refund will be about $250 instead of $900.

7 Likes

That’s a lot of money. It must suck!

1 Like

Thats quite a bit of cash not to have anymore.

1 Like

Are you getting social security now? I don’t remember if you said you were on disability or not, but I know you work like me.

1 Like

I’m on SSDI.

1 Like

Oh ok, and you can’t get Social security benefits due to that, right?

1 Like

SSDI is Social Security Disability Insurance. When I retire from my job I’ll automatically be put on Social Security Retirement but my benefits will stay the same.

2 Likes