I got a letter this morning explaining the thousands of dollars I discovered last week that got deposited in my checking account from social security. Apparently, they’ve been underpaying me since January of 2023. That’s when they changed my SSDI from $1305 to $1521 and they never told me. It’s weird because I was talking to someone on here about two months ago about how could I get more SSDI and they said that social security looks at your 30 highest earning years and that determines what I get. I called social security two months ago and asked them if I was due any money and they said no and I don’t need to call them about it, they would automatically figure it out if I was due more money. And two months later I got a check for $9850. I wonder if I hadn’t called if I would have got this check.
12 Likes
oh my, I d k but I’m glad you got the money !! now if they would only pay us our backpay.
1 Like
I worked from age 14 to my mid thirties and I only get $900/month minus the $200 for Medicare so basically $700. I sure wish they’d realize they’re not paying me enough!!!
3 Likes
Very Nice. Spend it wisely. ![]()
2 Likes
I think that was me.
You probably would not have received the check if you didn’t call, at least not at this time. I’m glad they paid you the money you earned.
1 Like