Money stress is over

I just finally got my three weeks of backpay that unemployment owed me. I got my first paycheck from my new job last week. I was able to pay my student loans, my internet, my phone bill, my dog’s insurance, pay back my friend who I owed money, get my dogs supply order(food, treats, toys) and I still have over $300 left to last me till next week for my next payday. I’ll owe rent next week and for the first time in 6 months I can actually afford it!

Sorry I am not trying to gloat, I am just glad to be able to be slightly ahead for a minute. I am not going to splurge or spend it. I have a rule for myself that I will not do doordash for the rest of the year. If I am craving something, I will allow myself to buy the ingredients and make it myself

21 Likes

really happy for you hanna! Great job! i knew things would work out for you.

2 Likes

You know the meaning of the term “feast or famine” in this world then. You’re doing great.

1 Like

If you are looking for something to spend it on maybe an emergency food supply would be best. I remember back in the day i had some problems with spending money and would leave myself short for the month sometimes. Now i have an emergency food supply. I try to keep like 1-2 months of food in the house at all times to make myself starve proof. That way even if i had to thug it out and just eat rice, beans, dried fruit and veggies for a month i could survive no matter what. 20 lbs of rice, 20 lbs of beans a bunch of cans of veggies and raisins and chia seeds etc. is dirt cheap and will not only keep you more food secure, but will also provide you with peace of mind… dont have to worry so much

5 Likes

Smart. After all your struggling being able to pay your bills comfortably is a big relief. I hope this job keeps working out for you. Take care of your physical and mental health so you can keep working and be ahead. Good luck.

2 Likes

oh yayyyy…so happy to hear this…glad.

1 Like

Good things

1 Like

You are so impressive! Legit proper pleased things are slotting into place for you.

You have worked so hard

1 Like

image

Love this !

1 Like

That’s awesome

I’m glad for you :blush:

1 Like

I’m so happy for you. :heart: try to enjoy life with a little less stress now!!

1 Like

I’m so happy for you! :slight_smile:

1 Like