Share childhood memories

I remember going to the library as a toddler with my mom and standing in line with her. Shed leave books then wed go to the donut shop.

4 Likes

I remember when I was 8 years old my sister was born. She smelled so fresh and new and was so small and cute. I put my index finger in her hand and she squeezed it when she was in her bassinet sleeping at the hospital.

4 Likes

The library brings back memories. My older sister and I use to fight all the time (argue) growing up but we had a library about 2 1/2 miles away and we used to walk there during the summer and just for that trip we would get along good. So I was in fourth grade and she was in sixth and I have the good memories of finally getting along with my sister and also getting a stack of all these childhood books. It was an all day journey and we would stop at the store on the way home and buy some penny candy.

2 Likes

One of my earliest memories is of going into my great grandmothers house and my parents having me hold up my hand to tell her how old I was. 5 fingers for 5 years old.

3 Likes

Back then you had to use sign language to tell your age because if you spoke too loud you might attract a velociraptor.

Cause that’s how old I am.

Ok, I may have exaggerated a bit there.

3 Likes

When I was in first and second grade I lived with my parents in Los Angeles and I had my own room in this Spanish style house with red roof tiles. During summer vacation I spent endless hours in my room playing by myself with plastic soldiers and blocks and Lincoln logs. Those were some good, peaceful times

3 Likes

I have a first grade memory too. My family was renting a home and I would listen to Led Zeppelin on the CD player in my room.

1 Like

Me and my sister used to take snails and make them pets. We fed them lettuce and water.

I remember in kindergarten some girl accused me of being a boy that threw garbage on her somewhere outside of the school. It wasn’t true. Case of mistaken identity.

If I remember all the details right.

1 Like

I lived near downtown of the Capitol City, when I was 5. My brother and I went everywhere, to the museum, downtown stores. If I had to see a doctor, my mom would take us to Holly’s restaurant and I would get a banana split.

2 Likes

My father yelling and swearing.

Good memories lol

2 Likes

My mother used to take me crayfishing in central park at the boat basin. I have a very vivid memory of waiting for her by napping on the couch and waking up when she walked in the door. She was really beautiful that day.

3 Likes

My childhood memories are full of misery, sorrow and fear.

4 Likes

Sorry to hear that Lily

2 Likes

Thanks @FreeLunch . My life is much better now

1 Like

It’s one of the big questions I have. Why is there so much a disparate experience for everyone in the world, especially for children?

1 Like

Bittersweet, complex

Playing with my best mate when I was 8 years old on the ps2 and using our imagination pretending to be video game characters.

2 Likes

When I was 6 I used to sleep in my mum and dads bed because I was scared of the dark and my mum would carry me to my own bed and I remember pretending to be sometimes sleeping because it was cuddles from my mum, happy times, if I awoke in the night it took a lot of coverage to run and get between my mum and dad in their bed, I slept with them until I was 9, I still sleep with a little lamp on now.

1 Like

My brother and I used to play on the phone when I was around 5. We used to call people in the yellow pages. I liked an ad with a woman wearing a mink stole. I used to call and ask how much a mink stole would be.

2 Likes