Weird dreams and more weird dreams

For the past three nights, I have had unpleasant lucid dreams that pick up where they left off. I’m able to think my way out of situations in them, though I rationalize things in abnormal ways sometimes. I cannot always get myself to wake up, but I know I’m dreaming. I notice weird things, like a man holding up a 1998 penny while he was sitting in the passenger side of a truck. 1998 has no significance to me.

I’ve never had lucid dreams before. I’ve never had recurring dreams like this before nor have I had recurring dreams since I was quite young. I don’t know what to think, but the dreams are not pleasant, and I want it to stop. I don’t want to sleep if it keeps happening. I do already have a journal to write them down in. Anyone else ever experience anything like this? Did anything you do help it?

2 Likes

I had a vivid dream once about a girl from real life, we had sex and it felt real. But it was strange. I didn’t have any feelings about the person I dreamt about or anything like that. It all seemed random.

But it went away. That was years ago. Never dreamt anything like it since.

3 Likes

Thank you for sharing.

3 Likes

Ever since I stopped using substances, I’ve dreamt almost every night. Some of them are good, some are horrible nightmares. If I don’t write them down as soon as I wake, I generally forget them.

I’m not sure how to stop them in a healthy manner. I just let them happen. Sometimes I dream about something I haven’t seen in years, then I see it the next day when I’m awake, it freaks me out.

2 Likes

I’ve never taken substances, but I do dream differently on different meds. The only change I’ve had besides a brief couple of weeks on pain meds at the beginning of March is an increase in Aripiprazole to 30mg from 25. It’s never affected my dreams before. It’d be one thing if they were happy dreams or something, but they are disturbing and sometimes just scary.