What did you want to be

I wanted to be a professor since I had an illusion as a kid that they are after truth of some kind, incorruptible and no-nonsense individuals. Then there was an idea of becoming some sort of researcher or scientist, maybe biology or something. This was when I was a bit more mature. At some point the idea was to become an author, writer of maybe sci-fi or something along those genres. Mental issues, and pretty severe at that, just came in the way. Consolation is the fact I did not choose to become mentally ill, those dreams were pretty vague, with little weight and I was unable to work hard to accomplish those goals due to aforementioned reasons. And I was not particularly well off in the first place, privileged or anything, at best was destined to some shitty working class job with poor terms of existence. These aspirations might have been a fever dream from the beginning. But all of this is in the past, probably would be best to just forget it. Oopsie, sorry for the long post, got carried away by the topic.

1 Like

Are.you kali godess?

If you want me to be, then I can pretend to be a god. That is one reason for the nick, as well as a name of a Linux distro is another inspiration. :angry_face_with_horns: :penguin: :eagle:

Kali godess of time and destruction. Its in your profile pic

I would like to have power clothes for ceremonies

when I was very young like twelve I wanted to be a marine biologist but like jacques cousteau…wanted to swim with dolphins and whales…then I found out how hard science was so I dropped it…became an architect but never got really out there working.

1 Like

I wanted to be a horse trainer/professional rider. I chased my dream until I was 20 when I got diagnosed with SZA and had to move back home.

This was me at 20

7 Likes

I love weather. I wanted to be a meteorologist Chase storms

6 Likes

I wanted to be in the nba when I was like 10. then around 16 yrs old i said ok it ain’t gonna work im only 6 feet tall and im white

6 Likes

@Jabrown1 height doesn’t really matter unless you’re near eight feet tall…how tall was michael jordan and the player from oklahoma city Thunder basketball team wasn’t tall…

4 Likes

White men cant jump

4 Likes

When I was in senior high school, I wanted to be a professor. At that time, I have no ideas about my career. When I was in my twenties, I got the SZ. by drinking beers and liquors. Now, I don’t need a career.

4 Likes

When I was a kid a reporter from a tv channel on the streets had asked me what I’d like to be. I said musician.

4 Likes

Anything to do with computers.

3 Likes

Lmao same, that was the first career aspiration in my memory, when I was really little it looked like so much fun riding on the back of the truck.

I went through a few different career aspirations before settling on becoming a doctor. I moved to Philly for med school in July 2002, had my first severe psychotic break in early 2003, crushed my dream.

7 Likes

I’m sorry man…I ended up being an ultrasound sonographer but then I moved couldn’t find a job then later became schizophrenic

8 Likes

Good profession. Maybe you should try out for a tv weather person. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

The first thing I ever wanted to be was a vet, prolly around 5 or 6 years old at the time.

:poodle: :cat:

6 Likes

lol I had the same idea when I was about the same age. Then I tried out for the best travel basketball team in my city, and experienced playing against players who were WAY better than me and yeah, that crushed the dream.

Went to college, still didn’t know what I wanted to be and then became schizophrenic :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

Fixed it for you. :zany_face:

6 Likes