Caved and bought a pack of cigarettes

Really felt like I needed one. Had worked my way off the 2mg gum recently and it was really feeling rough. I have been pretty much quit since early april.

Good news is I gave the pack to my wife, who was not pleased that i bought them, and she will not give me another easily.

I feel like I failed a bit, but it did make me feel temporarily better.

1 Like

My mom has sugar cravings. If I don’t buy her sugar she gets so irritable that it’s unbearable. I tell her just try to do less next time.

2 Likes

You should go back to gum if it gets too rough, not cigarettes. Maybe you quit gum too fast.

1 Like

happens we are only human, i think. and you quit fast again

1 Like

I think you’ve done really well so far so keep at it

1 Like

Take it one day at a time. I did it without gum because I chewed too much gum. If you’re interested in my method tell me and I’ll describe it to you

2 Likes

One cig is not a big deal. You really got to quit that tho, even if it means upping your gum strength.

1 Like

That’s the problem. You didn’t need one. You felt you needed one.

I haven’t had any nicotine for two days now.

1 Like

well your quit date is officially today…destroy the rest of the pack and get back on the donkey.

1 Like

Pavlov’s dog theory. Everytime bologna gets set on the counter, smoke one. You’ll associate countertop bologna with cigarettes and eventually grow to either hate cigarettes or love bologna.

3 Likes

With my luck, I would end up loving bologna!

2 Likes

When I started vaping cigarette smoke tasted nasty

2 Likes

I only smoke cigarettes when I’m in the psych ward otherwise I vape. Felt like I couldn’t breathe last time I was in the psych ward smoking

2 Likes

How’s your weekend going

2 Likes

It’s going alright I guess… I hate being alone

How about you

2 Likes

Just laying here needing to poo lol it is what it is

2 Likes

Laxatives aren’t working?

1 Like

Not this time

1 Like

Dang that sucks

I have to push real hard to poo every morning.

Try drinking coffee

1 Like

@SzSupportAdmin

Don’t beat yourself over this, and don’t fall into the trap of thinking that everything starts new (like quit date). Those four months that you didn’t smoke not only count but if you analyze them they’ll provide valuable info for when you stop smoking again. It makes me think that journaling may be helpful (so that you can remember details).

You may have quit the gum too abruptly. It seems to me that when you decided to quit the gum and go Cold Turkey you gave yourself a psychological ultimatum: Quit or smoke. The gum was no longer an option.

I wish you success on your next try, and as I said don’t beat yourself up over this.

2 Likes