Having a small op tomorrow

Saw a gynaecologist for the first time ever in my life today. I have a cyst on my private parts and it needs to be removed along with the gland on that side. So procedure is scheduled for tomorrow 1pm. Feel nervous as it’s going to be done under local anaesthetic and dr said it might hurt somewhat. Also there’s a very small chance it could be cancerous and I’m hoping so much it isn’t!! Feel really nervous! But it needs to be done, had this cyst for over a decade and it’s not going to drain by itself.

10 Likes

I find it very frustrating that women are expected to accept pain during procedures involving their female parts. They would never expect that of men.
I’m sorry you have to deal with this and I hope it’s not cancerous

3 Likes

I do think the chances of cancer are very slim and you’ll be ok though

2 Likes

Hopefully it’s not too severe

Good luck with the surgery :people_hugging:

3 Likes

Thank you @Lilyofthevalley and @Vaiana

3 Likes

Hoping it goes well :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Good luck with the surgery. I had a cyst removed from my private parts about 20 years ago and I remember that it only took about 10 minutes and was painless. You should be fine.

2 Likes

Good luck with everything @Dika

2 Likes

Good luck!

2 Likes

Aww, good luck for surgery, i hope it is not painful.

2 Likes

Good luck with surgery

2 Likes