Quitting smoking thread

I m.quiting with patches 8 weeks i had 25 mg/h nicotine now 15 mg its working i dont smoke one more week 15 mg tgen two weeks left 10 mg and quit

1 Like

Jesus christ, I’m on day 4 and it is hard. I’ve had no cessation aids, just raw doggin it. It is hard as hell

1 Like

Oh it totally is. I can’t stand the smell anymore. If you recall I had a tutoring job (with elementary school kids) for a couple years, that I mentioned here, and if I was still a smoker I would not have accepted it. Not gonna expose kids to that smell, it’s not ethical.

1 Like

Just started my quit again, should be fine. Just gotta make sure I don’t relapse around 10days

1 Like

Welcome to the club man :slight_smile:

Currently on day six and its been okay so far..

3 Likes

Bought a vape, need something to alleviate the biggest cravings. I usually take this set of actions when quitting. Cigarettes followed by intermittent vaping. Has worked for long periods of time, upto 2 months was the longest.

3 Likes

I want to quit but I only last at most 4 hours

1 Like

I haven’t smoked in 2 days been using nic gum.. I run out tomor night then im done with it all I pray

2 Likes

On day 10 now. Hopefully all downhill from here.

2 Likes

What meds are you taking? Are you using NRT?

1 Like

Just aripiprazole/ abilify tablets and thats it.

1 Like

Suddenly I feel a craving. Pesky thing

1 Like

Don’t give in.

You’ll get cravings periodically for a long time. That’s how they get you.

1 Like

I won’t. I think coffee taste reminds me of cigarettes as I would have them in tandem.

I’m deffo not gonna cut out coffee.

Just gonna ride it out I guess.

1 Like

Almost two weeks now since I quit.

Been feeling cravings all day, the body is weird like that, haven’t had cravings for a bit but now they’re running rampant.

Must resist this torture.

2 Likes

18 days without smoking or vaping. Got massive cravings yesterday, but had a nap.

2 Likes

I find even though I stopped smoking years ago I still dream about them…then when I wake up I am so relieved I didn’t start again…I stopped with the nicotine gum.

1 Like

Why are you still having cravings after 18 days? That’s disheartening… are you using NRT ?

Cravings can happen any time, long after you quit. Im not using gum or patches or anything, just raw dogging it. When I made that post I had a really bad day at work that made me rather angry. Anger=cigarette craving

Edit: also, dont feel disheartened, you can’t base your own perceptions of how you’ll fare during the quit on other people’s experience.

1 Like

I am so sick of these cravings man. They are relentless. Not sure what triggers them but I think coffee could be one of the things. But I’m not giving that up.

1 Like