Still can’t go - drs newest talk with me

I’m on 4 laxatives and have been for a while now. I’m still not going. I drink a gallon of water a day, and I exercise. And yet nothing.

I just spoke with my gastroenterologist and he’s upping the frequency and dosage of meds. He’s also ordering tests to be done. I really hope this doesn’t turn out to be what my urologist thinks: my brain!

I have brain lesions and already can’t pee without inserting a catheter into myself multiple times a day and now I can’t pass stool, the urologist thinks that it’s a brain issue where my brain isn’t sending signals to the bowels and bladder. Ugh! I hope it’s not that!

Regardless of the cause, I’m hoping we get the issue solved. I’m very bloated and very uncomfortable. And I have a general sick feeling that I think is related to not going. Prayers & thoughts for answers are very welcome!

15 Likes

Praying for you

2 Likes

Thanks @Rainstorm :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m praying for you too @Lilyofthevalley

3 Likes

Same

1010101

2 Likes

Thanks @Wave @KingD :slight_smile:

1 Like

I will keep you in my prayers. I am so sorry you have been struggling with this for so long now.

2 Likes

Thanks @Vinegar . I’m very frustrated.

2 Likes

I would be frustrated too if I was in your situation. (Internet hug)

2 Likes

Praying for you. Hopefully medical science can sort this out.

2 Likes

Thanks @Vinegar @Schizbro

2 Likes

I’m scared for you…I hope this gets resolved soon.

2 Likes

Thanks @jukebox . I’m not scared. I am just frustrated. I hope we fix this asap

1 Like

Hey @Lilyofthevalley. I’m so sorry you are dealing with this. I’d be frustrated, too. It’s miserable sitting on the toilet forever. I hope you and your doctors can figure it out without any extreme measures. No one should have to deal with that. Get better soon, okay?

2 Likes

Thanks @Honeysuckle

2 Likes

Prayers :folded_hands:for you and that this problem will be resolved easily .

I was on 5 movical a day at one point.

Have you used enema or a stronger laxative they use before surgery?

Maybe tbey need a gastrocopy and check it out and surgically remove it and do something to help your bowel movement flow better.

1 Like

I did a full bowel purge l/prep that they have you do before colonoscopy. Only water came out. Then they did imaging and I’m still totally constipated. I’m on prescription strength laxatives (4 of them). Thanks @Sacredneigh7 for your prayers

1 Like

Metamusil prune juice and fiber otc meds might help

I just gave you all my ideas

Hopefully the doctor has better ideas

1 Like

I already do all that @Fisherman1992 . It’s beyond that. I’m on 4 prescription laxatives and now he’s doubled my doses and is going to run tests. But thanks :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hopefully the tests will reveal the problem and the Dr will be able to help you. :folded_hands:

1 Like