Im skeptical weed causes schizophrenia so many people smoke weed and dont ever have a psychotic episode in there entire lives
I read 1 in 3 people have smoked weed wouldnt schizophrenia be more prevalent
It doesnt make sense to me
Im skeptical weed causes schizophrenia so many people smoke weed and dont ever have a psychotic episode in there entire lives
I read 1 in 3 people have smoked weed wouldnt schizophrenia be more prevalent
It doesnt make sense to me
weed can trigger people who have a predisposition for sz, but not cause it
Dandelions are common in my backyard
Im confused this is about pot causing schizophrenia lol
When i smoked pot i was in the psyche ward every 6 months.. been clean from pot since janurary 2020.. havent been to psych ward since just before that
Hey guys pot technically is not a banned topic but encouraging it is so were not gonna close it but if anyone does encourage it we have to close it.
I do think the evidence for pot causing psychosis is overwhelming tho. It’s not even a debate in my mind. Drugs cause a rush of dopamine and then people developed psychosis and then we need dopamine blockers which is what antipsychotics do, and then the hallucinations go away. So idk how someone can say drugs don’t cause psychosis honestly sounds unscientific
The medical community is not confused. The data is so damning they may have to roll back legalization. I mean it’s BAD.
Wow so there making it illegal again there are like 3 pot stores in my small town
Maybe your right like i said idk
![]()
Also I dont think weed causes sz full stop. But it causes it for sure in people who are predisposed to sz. And even in people with healthier more robust brains health wise can have temporary psychosis from weed. Some people just smoke small amounts.
But a person who has a fragile mind or is already predisposed to sz or is under a mountain of stress etc who then intakes humungus amounts of THC without a doubt will by their smoking cause psychosis kn themselves and if they continue will developed chronic psychosis which is what sz is essential.
my pdoc from way back said acid , pot and drugs ascerbate when a sz gets sz…but does not cause it…I believe that.
They’re not yet, but the data keeps coming back in now and it is consistently awful. Turns out there are reasons behind the stereotype of the braindead stoner. Long-term heavy use is devastating.
When I worked in hospital, and when I was myself a patient; it was alarming how many young folk (18 year olds) were coming in after experiencing psychosis after smoking cannabis.
Does cannabis cause schizophrenia? No. But it can cause psychosis, long and short term. And it can trigger full psychotic illness (be it schiz or bipolar) if one is predisposed to the illness.
I know many people who smoke it. Some are unaffected, but most are impacted in some way or other. It’s bad stuff. And there is now enough documentation to suggest so. Its a matter of record that its bad for mental health, period.