First week recap and thoughts

Well I survived my first week of work. Here is my take away and thoughts.

  1. The office is farther away than I realized. HOWEVER, I have met some super nice people at the office who live nearby me who have been giving me rides. I only had to take the bus home one day this week.
  2. This office is perhaps the nicest and cleanest office I have worked at. The bathrooms are cleaned twice a day. There is an array of snacks and drinks. There is a lovely cafeteria with many choices. If I forget my lunch I won’t be stranded
  3. The job itself sounds like it will be repetitive, but easy skill wise. As long as I meet minimum metric requirements I will be fine.
  4. There are no set break and lunch times. I get two 15 minute breaks whenever I want them and an hour lunch, again whenever I decide to take it. They also said there is no minute limit on how many bathroom/water/snack breaks we take, as long as we are meeting our performance metrics they said it doesn’t matter.
  5. The commission goals seem difficult but achievable. Even just the base pay will cover my bills, commission is just a bonus.
  6. The schedule (after training) is a little different than I was told at hire date. I was TOLD that I would work Tuesday-Saturday with Tuesdays and Saturdays work from home. It was corrected that my work from home days will be Friday and Saturday and our whole team works in office Tuesday- Thursday. Hours are 8am to 5pm
  7. The benefits choices are really good coverage for a pretty low cost. If I chose the top tier for everything it would ne $48 total per paycheck so about $96 a month and that’s for medical, dental and vision.

So yeah that’s my job. Two more weeks of training before I am in production. Let’s do this! My trauma flashbacks and other CPTSD stuff have been at an all time low(meaning my symptoms have been better) I’m sleeping better and waking up in the mornings more rested. I can’t believe how much I missed having a routine

12 Likes

This sounds like a great job!!! I am so excited for you!!!

1 Like

@Hanna_Foxx just pace yourself and be practical, get your debts down

1 Like

That sounds pretty good with lots of positives. Sounds like you found a good place. The work is repetitive but are you able to do it and keep up?

1 Like

I haven’t done the work yet so we will see how that goes. It’s outbound calls on an auto dialer. Most people don’t pick up the phone and you only have to leave voicemails on certain calls. So for some of it I can do 2 dials per minute. We have to reach 45 an hour

1 Like

Well, sounds like you have some things to be happy about. Good luck there.

1 Like

Looks like a really positive list. You’ll have challenges along the way, miss a bus etc., expect them as normal occurances and not catastrophes (just call a uber/lyft that day). Youre gonna do great!

2 Likes

It sounds like everything has gone well!

Congratulations on your first week

Oh … this seems like a difficult job for me, I think it is some sort of telesales… my phone treated it as spam calls, with UNICEF donations being the latest one.

I hope you can handle it, all other aspects seem positive though.

No it’s not telesales. I’m a coordinator for a real estate company connecting agents to sellers/buyers. All the people I’m calling have filled out online requests to be contacted so it’s not cold calling

5 Likes

Seems like there are many advantages, that’s good

Congrats for your first week

I’m glad you feel better

2 Likes

Week 1 down! Glad it was mostly positive !

2 Likes