I got my old job back with the temp agency but not so sure I want it. i’n trying to convince myself I’ll be ok but scared as all get out.
What are you scared of?
Alot of things: messing up, getting yelled at, being stuck. Quitting and not being able to find a job. Going homeless. Retaliation.
Well, everybody messes up at work sometimes and a good boss knows this. He should just correct you so you’re doing it right. Has a boss yelled at you before, if so, it’s not your fault, they were a bad boss. I’ve been at my job 15 years and never got yelled at and I’ve made plenty of mistakes. My bosses may have been angry but they stayed calm and didn’t curse at me or get personal. The worst thing I did was treat one of the office workers rude one time. She complained and that really made my boss angry at me, they’re the ones who we have a contract with and we can’t disrespect them but he didn’t stay angry. Yeah, I’m trying to think of a time at my many jobs where I got yelled at, I can’t think of any offhand. I’m not sure what you mean by being stuck, do you mean not being able to figure something out?
Well, quitting and not being able to find a job is a valid fear but it shouldn’t be an overwhelming fear. When its comes to being homeless I don’t know your situation, maybe that’s a valid fear too. I don’t really worry about being homeless, I always think things will work out. If I lost my job I’d be screwed but I have my disability money and if worst came to worst I’m sure my sister would give me a room in her house. If you were homeless you could always apply for SSDI or SSI and move into a group home.
Stuck is a feeling I feel, I guess. It’s not really real is it? I figured out what the problem was. I was a maintenance tech and the pressure to perform was getting to me. Right now I am a groundskeeper. I start tomorrow and that feels more my speed. I’m taking a payout from $21 to $16 but I think I’ll be happier.
Good luck kaos
Thanks! 151515
I hope all goes well on the job Kaos.
So far it’s going pretty well. Thanks! 151515