Grocery list inspiration

Anyone have some inspiring grocery lists? Here’s mine for Saturday.

butter,

eggs,

cheese,

beans,

tomato sauce

diced tomatoes,

apples,

onions,

potatoes

carrots

applesauce,

pasta,

ground beef

chicken breasts

sour cream,

cottage cheese,

yogurt,

tortillas

Bread

Tomato soup

Dry milk

2 Likes

I’m impressed, it’s a largely healthy list with protein, dairy, healthy carbs and vegetables represented. I would tweak it a little but that’s just me. I would make the cheese low fat, most regular cheeses are very calorie dense. I would get dry beans, they’re cheaper and better for you than canned unless you get canned and rinse all the sodium off. I’d get low sodium diced tomatoes. Applesauce is kind of iffy, it can be ok if you get unsweetened. Low fat sour cream, low fat cottage cheese low fat greek yogurt, whole wheat tortillas. Most canned soup has lots of sodium. I don’t know how healthy dry milk is but it’s cheap. For bread, one of the healthiest is Daves Killer Bread Powerseed. it’s just healthy, for bread. Most of my tweaks are small changes but if you’re trying to lose or maintain weight they make a difference. I would buy extra virgin olive oil to cook with and it’s a healthy fat as are avocados and nuts.

1 Like

That list you just mentioned is the dream of course @77nick77

This list is what I’m getting from my churches storehouse so we don’t have certain options. One type of cheese, one type of bread. That sorta thing. But once I can pay for my own groceries I do want to get some different options like you mentioned.

Also I’m like opposite of most people when it comes to sodium. My cardiologist wants me eating 5000mg of sodium minimum per day because of my POTS and the like.

We generally only make lists with things we absolutely have to have and then ‘free for all it’ on everything else once get to store. Often sales will influence what we get.

2 Likes

Now I remember you’ve told us this before.

1 Like

Shopping sales is great but you generally save more money by just having a list and sticking to it. When you’re just grabbing what looks good off shelves you’re often making impulse buys or buying extra food and not the healthiest.

2 Likes

that’s a great list…sounds delicious…we eat a lot of frozen food to save money.

1 Like

Sounds healthy!

Great list!

1 Like