High Sodium Diet

I’ve been consuming way too much sodium lately.

I’ve been eating lots of foods (junk) with high sodium content

It’s affecting my blood pressure

Took my blood pressure this evening and my pressure is elevated.

Starting tomorrow I’m going to stop eating so much of these foods.

Eating way too many crackers, chips, processed cheddar cheese spread, etc…

Looked in the mirror and my face was bloated

3 Likes

Ive slipped up on my eating recently maybe due to low appetite from heat, so eating more low quality foods.

1 Like

Yeah I’ve been eating like crap for a while now but it’s gotten worse recently.

The thing is I don’t like to cook so I’m eating ready to go junk meals.

Starting tomorrow I’m going to change my eating habits

1 Like

Diet is like #1 factor in good health. Even if you don’ t exercise but eat well, you can be in decent health. It’s hard to eat healthy because you need variety of good foods and appetite for them, so often they need to be prepared. One thing I do is eat cabbage salad with italian or other vinegar dressing. Cabbages are big and last a long time. A few pieces chopped off a cabbage makes quite a big salad. Vegetable and protein each meal, even just the cabbage salad and a can of sardines is fine. I eat oatmeal ever morning and try to stick to the protein and veg thing for lunch and dinner.

4 Likes

I eat mostly a high sodium diet all my life

2 Likes

Well they do say that food is love

2 Likes

It may be a good idea to do blood work, especially focusing on your liver. Check if liver enzymes are elevated and/or liver is fatty.

3 Likes

Oh wow, thanks @Catman

2 Likes

It’s interesting because my cardiologist tells me to eat 5000-6000 mg of sodium a day which is almost double the AHA recommendation because of my POTS.

2 Likes

What is POTS again @Hanna_Foxx?

@Wave its Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome. It’s a mouthful so everyone calls it POTS. Its a dysautonomia nervous system disfunction

2 Likes

Oh ok thanks @Hanna_Foxx

I’m sorry that your going through this

1 Like

It’s okay @Wave I have had this condition over 4 years now so I am used to it. I only pass out maybe once a week or so now so that’s a huge improvement

2 Likes

I gained 7kg after a 20 days vacation abroad, was eating a lot outside everyday, not able to diet there also because it was social gathering and couldn’t watch everyone eat at the restaurant without eating myself.

3 Likes

Can’t get away from sodium!

Just had me some canned chili with ready rice

That’s about 1000mg of sodium or over!

At least my blood pressure was normal this morning