Having trouble sleeping because of roaches

I have roaches in my apartment and not just little ones, I’m talking big ones like more than an inch sometimes. Last night I was on my laptop on my bed and a roach scurried along side the wall in a place I’ve never seen one before. And I realized they could come anywhere including my bed. Last night I woke up at about 2:00 am and couldn’t relax enough to go back to sleep because I kept imagining a giant roach crawling on my body or even my face while I was sleeping and just the thought of it kept me awake for two hours. Now I’m exhausted this morning and I still have to go to work. Thinking that they will crawl on me while I’m sleeping freaks me out. It’s bad enough when I see them during the day. They sprayed last year, but it was a pain because I had to move everything in the apartment to the center of the room.

8 Likes

sounds like hell i would chat with AI and find a solution to killing these things.

I get these roaches in my kitchen almost all year round, especially in the summer, it’s crap. Shame, I hope you find a solution so you can sleep. Maybe try sprinkling borax powder around the edges of the room, mixed with sugar… apparently borax kills them from the inside out. I tried it although I admit the most effective way is to seal the points of entry. I had a ton of them crawling in my cupboard under the sink until the maintenance guy sealed up the hole they came in. Now there’s much less in my kitchen. Sometimes I get them upstairs as well but mostly in kitchen. If they come upstairs I catch them in a container and throw them out the window or out the door.

We have water bugs, not the ones that like food, the ones that like damp wood. It started happening when the tree fell through the roof and we have been having trouble getting rid of them. I feel your pain, last night one crawled up my wall and onto my bed and up my arm. I just kill them then go back to sleep honestly lol I’ve got a lemon pepper stepper that I stomp down really hard and it makes a clapping sound like an AK except I’m killing roaches lol

2 Likes

On a more serious note though I think you have to keep spraying for an extended amount of time to get rid of roaches. Like in phases.

1 Like

Time for a whole building exterminator! Get pics of the roaches and go to the apartment office building and say it needs to be done

1 Like

Only bugs in my house are silverfish and pill bugs. They are a minor nuisance but they dont really bother me. Ive lived in places with roaches and bedbugs before and ants too. Ants are worse than roaches but bedbugs can gtfo I hate those things.

My apartment used to have roaches , too. I bought Roach poisons of Bayer brand about five years ago. It’s very useful. I haven’t seen a roach for more than three years.

I get carpet beetles, and they do get in my bed and on me. It’s been going on for over a year, and I’ve gotten pretty paranoid about it. I’m scared about them getting on my face while I sleep, much like you with the roaches. Mine are so little, though, that I worry about them in my ears or something. Every tickle makes me worried, and I can’t begin to tell you how many times I’ve slapped this large freckle on my arm- hard. I hate bugs. I’m really sorry you are having issues with them, too.

1 Like