I haven’t seen one in a couple of weeks. They’re big, about an inch and quarter long. I think now that the weather has cooled down I won’t be seeing them as often and maybe their breeding season is over or something. What a relief, it’s hard to get used to huge bugs scurrying along the walls or the floors, it was always a little shock to see one but I managed to kill them all this year. The worst thing is one escaping me and I know it’s somewhere in the apartment but it could be anywhere and I half expect it to crawl on my bed and my arm like last year.
I’m having the same issue then they got on my bed, oh heck no
I’m glad your seeing less of them but I wouldnt count on this. I remember when I was young my friends got their first apartment. It was teeming with roaches all year round. I dont think there is a “breeding season” when they are in the warmth of a house or apartment.
Keep your apartment as clean as possible, food containers sealed, and limit things like crumbs and spills on the floor and the only roaches you shoukd see are the ones passing through your place to go to areas where they can feed. Also running a dehumidifier can help because they like humidity too. If theyre not in your apartment right now its because some other guy’s apartment has like old cheesy pizza boxes under his couch.
ChatGPT says I’ll probably see less of the big Turkestan roaches in the winter. I know you’re right about the half inch German roaches being year round.
I’m just don’t think spray will work
I’m trying strategically placed gel.
It’s a spray with resin
If you mean Combat Roach Killing Gel, no—it isn’t a spray with resin.
It’s a sticky bait gel containing an insecticide. Roaches are attracted to it, eat it, and can carry the active ingredient back to hiding areas.
If you’re asking whether the gel hardens into a resin-like substance, it can dry out over time, but it’s not a resin coating or spray.