Might ask doctor to come off my antipsychotic completely

I’m doing rather well on 2 mg of risperdal

No mania no psychosis.

2mg is still considered to be a low dose of risperdal

I went from 3mg and tapered down slowly to 2mg.

Maybe I won’t need to be on a antipsychotic not sure yet.

I still plan on staying on my mood stabilizer, Depakote but later on I may switch over to lamictal.

If I ever do become psychotic again then I’ll get back on an antipsychotic

I guess one can dream about such things

Not sure if it will ever materialize

3 Likes

Youre probably doing well because of the risperdal though. I dont think ill ever come off meds

2 Likes

You’ve had serious problems in the past and not too long ago. It shows you need medication. IDK, every schizophrenic dreams of not needing medication but you’ve been here quite awhile and how many people have you seen successfully come off medication of the dozens and dozens who have tried? One? Two? Zero? One of those numbers. I don’t want to rain on your parade but it’s good to face the facts.

3 Likes

I hate to admit it, but your probably right @77nick77

Thanks for the wake up call

3 Likes

It sounds like a dream come true. Nothing to rush in to but why should you give up your dream? I am not so lucky with antipsychotics because my head frequently gets bombarded with voices. I’ve even tried everything over 30 years. I could try coming off and my hallucinations would disappear but I might become delusional. It’s so tricky that unless you lead a very quiet life it might not be advisable. It just depends if the reduction in dose has accompanied fewer symptoms or not. If you feel a bit better and the medication has been reduced your dr might agree that you are well. On the other hand your dr may feel like his or her profession is on the line and it might be risky.

1 Like

The issue is I may very well have bipolar disorder with psychotic features and I become psychotic only when I become manic.

But that’s why I’m on a mood stabilizer, Depakote

So I can still remain on my mood stabilizer so I don’t become manic and psychotic.

I’ll discuss it with my doctor

Thanks @mouse1977

1 Like

Antipsychotics help with bipolar as well

1 Like

best of luck @wave…I hope you have healed overall

1 Like

Yeah this is so true, maybe I won’t fck around with my meds

Thanks @moon

1 Like