My mom is sick and I miss her

My sisters and I think that our mom has dementia. She has so many of the symptoms, and we aren’t certain how well her husband is caring for her. He has NOT taken her to a pdoc or a neuro. She’s been in obvious decline for over a year. She was hospitalized last year because she was so distressed at home. Her husband didn’t visit her once. She’s home again, but the doctots kept mentioning cognitive decline. My sister and I were going to travel to see her (we’re all in different states), but her husband shot us down. So we can’t even visit her. I just want to see her while she knows me. I don’t know what to do.

I miss her. I miss calling her with a questions about a recipe or to tell her what the kids are up to. I’ve missed her for a very long time (we don’t get to see one another often), and now this is taking her away from me.

6 Likes

That sounds difficult, sorry to hear that

2 Likes

I am really sorry. I hope there is a change and you get to see her soon.

3 Likes

That’s your mom. I would just find a cheap motel nearby and go regardless of what the jerk husband says!

5 Likes

Sorry that’s happening, I would try to see and visit her.

2 Likes