Nick I have a question

I’m looking for work @77nick77 and thinking about janitorial work.

I have one question: have you ever had to clean up poop? I don’t know if im willing to do that

2 Likes

Sometimes people don’t flush the toilet after they use it and leave a mess inside and we have to flush it. Or leave skid marks in the bowl and we have to clean it. That’s about as bad as it gets. I just look at it and compare it to doctors who have to see embarrassing stuff all the time.

6 Likes

If I were able to work, I’d do just about anything. I used to work for years always had a job until I got sick. Didn’t call in sick. Didn’t skip work. Didn’t slack.

4 Likes

I worked janitorial and other cleaning jobs and never had too. Clean up vomit but not crap…

1 Like

I worked as a janitor in college for the campus dorms…my boss…a questionable weirdo…told me to get the mop and “Follow him”. we went several stories up in the elevator and he brought me to a tile hall with a circle of puke about three feet across. I think he did it to make me walk…I cleaned it up…hardest thing I did in my life.

1 Like

Worked in maintenance had to plunge toilets. Got paid $19 to plunge toilets most of the time. That’s the closest I ever came to ■■■■. My most recent maintenance/janitorial, I was tasked with cleaning and unclogging the toilets when the sump pump would back up. That was $18 but I was maintenance. The only time you’d have to plunge a toilet would be if you were maintenance and janitorial. I just wore a mask.

I worked as a cleaner too. Sometimes you will have to deal with crap, unfortunately. Nothing crazy generally, but toilets require wiping down sometimes.

1 Like