Old retail job again

Maybe a food bank could help out with groceries.

1 Like

Yes @Milk . It’s just my husband and me now. We are now empty nesters. I don’t see the point in ordering 2 of everything so only one of us eats organic. I prepare all our meals so it’s easier to just make it the same

1 Like

The last time I went to a food bank they gave me expired chicken, and 7 pounds of cottage cheese with a week old expiration date. All the others in my area give extremely expired food as well. I don’t want to take that kind of risk as I’ve had food poisoning multiple times already

1 Like

I understand. So, the food bank isn’t an option.

2 Likes

Did you ever ask for dry goods(like pasta) or canned goods at the food shelter? At least then it usually doesen’t matter if it’s expired.

1 Like

@Mr_Hope , the food pantries I qualify for in my area have preset boxes that all go out to everyone. No requests. Just the box they give you. I don’t qualify for most of the food pantries within a 30 min drive because they say you have to qualify for food stamps to be allowed to use their pantries. So I get the leftovers from the other pantries and the leftovers are terrible. And, I drove far to get to them too

1 Like