Well, my old job in retail says they’ll take me back if I apply. I’m almost positive that’s what I’m going to do. I desperately need more money and my husband can’t work. My biggest concern is calling in because I’m not yet all that healthy. Plus it’s not a safe store to be at. Homeless people harass patrons by following them around the store and begging, people coming in high out of their minds, violence towards employees etc…. But I need a job because I need money. I just hate that it sends my paranoia sky high
Sorry @Lilyofthevalley .
Thanks @SzSupportAdmin . I’m trying to remind myself of people whose lives are much harder than my own. People in huts with dirt for floors, homeless people, etc.
It’s something you can do until you find a better job I would keep applying something should pop up
hey just an idea, maybe you could also go on a frugal journey. like doing a personal audit of all your expenses and see where you could really cut back without suffering. Im on a fixed income, at first it was horrible. I have the same income now, but ive learned to deal with it so much better. Being frugal can be really freeing.
Yes. I already shop sales, use coupons, prepare 3 meals a day at home, etc. I make everything as cheap as I can. I can cut out the once a month meal out with friends. I can also just drink tap water and forget about diet pop. But life is still just too expensive. One issue is my husband is a health nut and I’m only allowed to buy the healthy versions of things - organic, no nitrites, no nitrates, no gmo, etc. he won’t budge on it. His argument is that we will be healthier this way and save on medical bills. He’s not entirely wrong. But it makes our groceries totally out of our income. I was doing really well before inflation went out of control in regards to the cost of food. Im considering asking our friends to join us in a food coop so we can’t get meat right from a local farm and save money there. Then there’s a place I might be able to save on other organic foods that I have to analyze costs with. I just found it. I’ll continue doing everything I can. Thanks for your suggestion @POET
That’s too bad you don’t have security at your old job. Maybe that’s something you could ask management. Having a stationary guard is very expensive, but having a mobile guard you can call on as needed costs considerably less.
We’ve requested it many times. It’s always a solid no
I don’t have money for burger or coffee out with someone . But near elections they lowered cost of meds,so I can get my inhaler every month .. I’m tired begging for money.At least I have neighbour I serve so my income is equal to money I begged my family to help me with 10$.
I understand you @Lilyofthevalley ..
That’s too bad. After we got a mobile guard at our work stealing dropped a lot after a while. Rumour probably spread we got security. I think this effect saves money in the other end so in the whole it’s not expensive having a guard at all. It’s ashame the employer doesen’t see that angle.
I’m sorry life is too expensive for you @Milk . And I’m especially sorry you have to ask for help. I know it’s embarrassing.
I agree @Mr_Hope . My coworkers and I said just that to headquarters. They lose tons of money in stolen goods. It’s crazy
Maybe only buy half organic ingredients. The produce only. Organic isn’t necessarily healthier. It’s also what you add or don’t add to the produce that makes it healthy.
I agree @sweetpotatopie . I don’t buy boxed goods organic. But all meat, dairy, and produce is organic. I do think some of those things are fine without being organic but my husband is totally obsessed with eating healthy and he follows trends. I don’t believe all the hype. But it makes him happy so I don’t bother to argue.
I’ve started the application for employment. Tomorrow I’m going to complete the assessment and submit the app. Hopefully I can handle this.
Do what you can manage. Hugs
Well he does need to recognize that he’s putting extra stress on the family as a whole including you. Just don’t let him run over you in the process. You can’t be expected to always solve his problems. I hope you are able to keep the job. I’m sorry you are struggling.
When the whole taylor farms diarrhea lettuce came out I saw a story how the same lettuce was labelled organic and some non organic and it came from the same farm and conditions. I’m not sure if organic is regulated like vitamins aren’t regulated. I googled it is regulated
Thanks @sweetpotatopie
@2Waynez only organic foods with the usda organic symbol on them have to be truly organic.
You surely are taking care about food .. Aside your husband,does everyone in house eat organic?