Oral surgery tomorrow; I am nervous!

I am having oral surgery tomorrow at 10am. I’m very nervous because with my most recent knee surgery, I started to wake up during the procedure. While it didn’t hurt, I could feel them messing with my knee. They told me to calm down (tremors and TD started up the moment I became more aware), then I guess they gave me more of the good stuff because I went back under.

So now I’m nervous. The knee surgery was a 30 minute procedure, but the oral surgery is hours under anesthesia. I’ve never been worried about anesthesia before, but I’d never had an experience like that before, so now I’m paranoid that it could happen again.

10 Likes

Yea that is scary but i’m sure you will be ok in the morning. It would be extremely unlucky to happen twice!

Good luck @Honeysuckle :heart_exclamation:

2 Likes

gosh…that’s scary…probably won’t happen to you in surgery tomorrow…don’t worry.

1 Like

Is that intravenous anaesthesia?

For operations they use propofolol,which is good.

I’m sorry you are going through that,hope all goes well .. Rooting for you!

1 Like

That’s a very good point, @Ducky. I know realistically that it’s unlikely to happen again, but there’s always that “what if” in my mind when something scary happens. I tend to grow my paranoia and delusions that way. It is awful and feels like a battle going on inside of me.

@Milk Spinal block and propofol. Burns something fierce! Luckily, the oral surgeon is using general anesthesia. That, at least, has me feeling a bit better. @jukebox Thanks!

2 Likes

Yep i can understand that. Tell them tomorrow what happened before and tell them the meds ap’s you take as ap’s affect anaeseptic amount

3 Likes

Thanks, @Ducky. Good advice.

2 Likes

My advice is to let them know how nervous you are and why so they can properly medicate you. That should help

3 Likes

Good luck with the oral surgery

1 Like

Good luck @Honeysuckle

1 Like

Wish you a successful oral surgery!

1 Like

Good luck and may it all go well @Honeysuckle

1 Like

how did it go? feeling ok i hope!

1 Like

@Honeysuckle

I woke up twice during ECT. I couldn’t see but I could feel and then right when I thought I’d lost it I went back under.

I recently had 16 teeth extracted with no anesthesia aside from numerous shots of novacaine.

I hope your surgery goes well.

1 Like

My surgery went well! I am still quite numb (thankfully). Two hours after my surgery, we picked up my new car. Overall, a good day!

8 Likes

Yay!! I’m so glad!!

1 Like

I’m glad that your surgery went well.

1 Like

Yay! Successful surgery and a new car all in one day!!!

1 Like

Numbness from my surgery was gone when I woke up at 10am this morning. I actually slept through the night (which never happens!). The pain is bearable without medication, but I do have medication just in case.

2 Likes

glad youre healthy and well :slight_smile:

1 Like