TMI - bathroom topic

Hey guys. So the gastroenterologist ordered another bowel purge that I’m going to do today because even with the 3 laxatives he has me on I only went once a week the last 2 weeks.

I’m super nervous every time I take a new med. How do you guys handle the feeling of paranoia surrounding new meds?

I’m worried it’ll either kill me due to messed up electrolytes (I’m drinking Gatorade to combat this) or I’ll react in some bad way to it.

Also, this time, if the bowel purge doesn’t work, they’re going to have me do another one. Last time I did a whole bowel prep purge, nothing happened.

2 Likes

Yes I get nervous trying out new meds.

Even new meds for my dog

Usually nothing bad happens though

1 Like

Well I’ve started it and I’m feeling less nervous than before but still a bit freaked out about the electrolytes situation. But I’m following instructions so I hope that means I’ll be ok

1 Like

I know that it seems scary but you’ll be just fine @Lilyofthevalley

3 Likes

So sorry you are having to go through that. Hopefully it will work and you won’t need to repeat it again.

1 Like

I’m doing a bowel purge today, too…a whole bottle of Miralax in half a gallon of Crystal Light. I haven’t gone in over a week, too, despite being on prescribed laxatives. I’ll have to stay close to the bathroom all day after I drink the mix…it’s not pleasant at all but it is effective. I hope you get some results, too…

1 Like

Sounds similar to prep for a colonoscopy. It’s not the most pleasant thing in the world, but I have done it twice without any major problems.

Good luck @Lilyofthevalley .

1 Like

@Vinegar @WhiteRaven @SzSupportAdmin

yes it’s the same bowel prep as is done for a colonoscopy. I started it at 9 am and drank half the solution. I drink the other half later today. I’ve only gone once so far although I’ve been severely constipated for the last 2 months so they said I may have to repeat it.

The last time I did this it completely failed

I hope yours goes well @WhiteRaven

Thanks @Vinegar

5 Likes

I don’t have good advice or anything, but I really hope this works for you.

1 Like

Thanks @Honeysuckle . I started drinking the solution at 9 am. I’ve only gone a little 3 times. Not very promising so far

1 Like