This might be stupid or a mistake but

I signed up for college today! I start tomorrow!! I’m starting slow and steady just psychology and math I wanna be a therapist at this pace it will probably take 8 years but slow and steady wins the race not fast and chaotic…. Right?? I’m kinda panicking though…. I also got my one and only book that I’ll need apparently…. A math book…. I’m nervous…. I’m excited too but what if I made a mistake…. I’ll be in class 4 days a week so maybe it won’t be so bad…. Right?? No backing out now I guess…. Oh well what do I got to lose?? It’s a fully paid Pell grant I wanna be top of my class…. Idk if I can do this but I’m relatively smart…. I think…. I hope and my husband can help tutor me and they have tutors at the school so what can go wrong! I’ll make it!…. I hope…

13 Likes

Great job taking that big step! I tutored fellow college students and loved it. It was free to the students because the college paid me. Dong be afraid to use tutoring at all :slight_smile: Good luck!

2 Likes

@Lilyofthevalley thanks…. So you don’t think I’m gonna fail??

1 Like

Nope. Especially if you get tutored

1 Like

@Lilyofthevalley thanks I feel a little better

1 Like

All my students were getting A and B grades while working with me. No shame in it at all

1 Like

@Lilyofthevalley okay thanks I’ll make sure to use the resources they give me

1 Like

Perfect! That’s the best way to set yourself up for success

1 Like

I was 30 and living in a board & care home when I made the decision to enroll in community college. I was unsure of myself and asked the owner of the board & care home if he thought I should enroll. He couldn’t give me an answer so I just went to the college and enrolled and ended up taking two classes at a time for the next five years, until 1995. I finished up my degree three years ago in 2023 by taking online classes.

I would recommend going through Disabled Student Services if your college has one. If you go through them you qualify for accommodations. I was too proud to accept accommodations until the last year of school. I wish I would have done it a lot sooner, they gave me twice the assigned time to take tests so on a hundred question test for English for example I got two hours to take the test instead of one. An accommodation I never used but you may like is they’ll let you take tests alone in an empty classroom so you can concentrate and don’t get distracted by being in a room full of other students. Yeah, and you’re smart to use tutoring, that’s another thing I didn’t use until the last two years of school but it was really helpful when I finally used them.

4 Likes

@77nick77 thanks that makes me feel better I’m starting to settle down a little thanks @77nick77 and @Lilyofthevalley

2 Likes

No problem! I’m glad you’re going to use all possible resources. You got this!

2 Likes

@Lilyofthevalley thanks

2 Likes

Good things

1 Like

Wishing you a happy journey, and good luck!

1 Like

@anon80779285 thanks

Good luck

I agree with @anon80779285 what matters is to enjoy the journey

Don’t put pressure on you, just enjoy the journey

Even if it doesn’t work out exactly as you planned it doesn’t matter, just appreciate taking lessons,being tutored, the way till school, making friends in the process

That’s what matters

2 Likes

Thanks @Vaiana

1 Like