Having intense spotlight effect is so debilitating

I really can’t go anywhere without having severe spotlight effect – feeling like I’m being watched. I can manage sometimes, but most of the time I stay home. Don’t even feel good here in the house, at times.

2 Likes

One thing you could do is actually confront the delusions themselves by fact-checking.

Just ask the people that you think are watching you if they are and explain that you just want to check to make sure that you aren’t being looked at and they’ll explain that they’re not

1 Like

Ride it out, see if it gets better. I went through a phase where I could barely go out. I just barely went out. Now I go out more.

1 Like

@FreeLunch Agreed. Exposure therapy is the best way to deal with it, but it’s a struggle

@2Waynez Some days are better than others – the bad days suck though. I do have decent insight, so fortunately it doesn’t spiral out of control much anymore

2 Likes