I’m getting fired on Thursday

Just had an end of day meeting with my manager and it’s likely I’m getting fired the next day I work which is Thursday. I don’t think I’ll survive this one. If you all don’t hear from me ever again after Thursday then you know why

5 Likes

What makes you think you’ll be fired? Don’t make any rash decisions over work you are more important than any job.

6 Likes

What? Why? What happened?

2 Likes

My manager pulled out information today that shows I’m the weakest performing agent out of our team and that was just with two days of data. My manager says she’s going to look through the rest of March and if she sees it’s a trend then I’m fired. I already know she’s gonna see a pattern. I had a write up for attendance and now she says this is showing “call avoiding behavior” and falls under attendance review. So yep I’m getting fired on Thursday. I worked so hard to get this job, now it’s done. It’s over. I just want to be dead. There’s no point in living. I just need to find a good home for my dog

3 Likes

That’s a really difficult job, and you have a serious disability. You can find an easier job. Don’t hurt yourself over this.

3 Likes

I hope you won’t get fired.

Is there something you can do to improve work performance?

I’m sorry you are going through this. It must be hard.

What does this exactly mean? Have you been avoiding work for some reason?

2 Likes

They hired you knowing you’re disabled how can you perform like an able bodied person, I couldn’t isn’t that a factor

4 Likes

IDK, maybe it’s just what you need, the job was causing you a lot of stress and mental anguish and tiring you out. If you get fired, the pressure is off and you can look for a more suitable job. I know this job was extremely important to you but getting fired isn’t really the end of the world, it’s just a temporary setback and now you know what you can and can’t handle and you can get an easier job. Maybe it was your dream job but there’s other jobs out there and you might be happier at your next job. Maybe getting fired is a blessing in disguise, it sounded like you were suffering just in order to work each day and it was causing you too much trouble. If you want to kill yourself over a job maybe that’s the universe’s way of telling you you’re putting too much emphasis on working. I mean can you say you really enjoyed this job? With the stress and everything it sounded like you were miserable while you did it, maybe your next job will be a job you actually like doing.

12 Likes

Your life is much more valuable than any job.

If you are feeling suicidal reach out for help now.

@SzSupportAdmin @sweetpotatopie @POET @TheCanuk

7 Likes

Relax @Hanna_Foxx

A man isn’t his job (or his porn collection for that matter) lol!

Think of it not as an ending, but as a new beginning elsewhere

I must have the patchiest work history out of all of us…but I never let it get to me.

Chin up, straight back…you’re going to be fine sweetheart! :hugs:

4 Likes

I will check myself into the hospital on Thursday

4 Likes

Mods please don’t close this thread, I will seek help if things get bad

4 Likes

Praying for you :folded_hands:

2 Likes

Hey @Hanna_Foxx - We are all here for you and we would miss you if something happened to you. Please know that things can and will get better for you. Yes losing this job would be stressful, but it could open the door for a less demanding job. If you are feeling suicidal and have plans to act on it, please call 911. You are young, you have your whole life ahead of you.

8 Likes

You can PM me anytime @Hanna_Foxx if you just need an ear.

I’ve got two daughters who have also had some turbulent jobs.

Stay with us regardless. You are very well-liked by many of us and it breaks our hearts to see you so glum.

5 Likes

Right now I’m trying desperately to find someone to watch my dog in the event I do go to the hospital on Thursday. I’ve reached out to 6 people with no luck yet

4 Likes

Maybe reach out to a vet near you, they might be able to find someone to watch them.

3 Likes

Everything is available for money… harder to find help for free

2 Likes

I’m also giving my gun to my boyfriend to keep for a while. I don’t think I need that temptation there sitting next to my bed

8 Likes

hanna its just a job, you dont have to prove anything to anyone. i know its though but maybe something new en better comes along

2 Likes