I’m getting fired on Thursday

Yeah, @Mataheru is right, it’s possible you might get an even better job now. It may not pay as much but it may pay good and you may like it a whole lot better. I know you’re feeling bad right now but you’ve got to get through this and have hope that something better will come along.

2 Likes

People talk about how it’s “just a job” well this was a career opportunity that I worked so hard to get in with the company. I tried for 2 years to get in with the company. Finally had my chance and now it’s gone down the drain. It’s like losing my dream job when I was 20 and everything changed for the worst. That’s what this feels like. I ruined this opportunity by not working hard enough. I should have pushed myself further. I should have tried harder. I ruined every good thing I had going.

2 Likes

It took me about 10 years to realize that I had a disability. Ive lost a lot and im still figuring out what I can and cant do but I try to be nice to myself that im doing everything at 100 percent.

I feel you @Hanna_Foxx I lost my dream job of teaching martial arts for now.

3 Likes

It sounded like you did the best you could. It sounds like you tried as hard as you could. It sounds like there wasn’t much else you could do, you tried as hard as you could.

5 Likes

i only am able to work at jobs that are specifically tailored for my disability

my tutoring shifts are 3 hours at a time and i carpool and know my co worker personally

please dont beat yourself up because you can’t perform like a healthy person, none of us can

some jobs are too demanding. I can’t work anything beyond a 4 hour shift for example

2 Likes

HanaFox, your purpose in life is you as a person, not just the work you do. You mean more than that to people. Know this is not the end, right now it feels like it was the dream, tomorrow it might feel like a mistake. Don’t harm yourself.

3 Likes

i am sorry i lost my career too because of my illness. but i realised it is not an end rather s start

2 Likes

For nursing they say it takes 5 years before you get comfortable with the job. That’s based on scientific research. So everyone that graduates knows the first 5 years suck. You’re just confused looking everything up. When I started nursing it was exhausting. I only did it for 3 months. Too many hallucinations and delusions. Before that I did nuclear medicine for 12 years. I could do that job with my eyes closed. But when I got sick the job became too hard. Some jobs are hard for a long time. Working with mental illness is tough. I admire how you’re still working.

4 Likes

Sorry hanna, I wish there was a way to convince them that you will work harder,
:folded_hands: stay strong x

3 Likes

I think you should focus on the health aspect of your life first. Prioritise getting yourself to becoming healthier. It’s a tough journey for me I think it’s the same for everyone here.

Have you tried monitoring to see whether you have adequate intake of all nutrients? Exercise correctly? Or taking certain supplement to help you? For example I threw my diet plan to gemini ai and it analysed what nutrients I could potentially lack and I googled on how much of certain food I need to take. (My current diet plan is 1 serving of salmon, 1-2 eastern oyster ,3 grams of nori seaweed, 1 tablespoon of sauerkraut, half tablespoon of wheat germ oil,1 egg,brown rice,4 cups of green tea, 2 cups of high calcium soy milk, 1 cup of boiled lentils,a lot of fruits and vegetables. Breathing clean air, gotten a dehumidifier because humidity is around 85% here. Taking 30mg saffron , 600mg nac, 1 g sarcosine, 345 mg ltheanine. 50 minute of aerobic or walking exercise 6 days a week, 6 sets of 12 push ups 12 pulling resistance band ,3 times a week Tuesday,Friday and Sunday, This is my daily plan) it really improves my mood and make me remember things better and more motivated and of cus I researched on my toothpaste ,whitening pen, mattress and other stuff. If you need information, you could consult me more

2 Likes

Good idea! I’m not happy with a firearm in the picture

Please try to take care of yourself

3 Likes

I’ve lost a couple of good jobs earlier in life. It’s a setback, but life goes on. Now I have a job I manage well and my sz is stable.

Don’t give up.

3 Likes

Keep strong. You could always ask them to put a plan in place so you can work towards any targets. This could happen if you speak to HR. Meanwhile get rid of the gun and ask your family for some support or your treatment team. I’ve gone through many a job too with dreams crashing but opportunities come round again… Hope you feel better soon!

2 Likes

Hope your doing okay Hanna. Please take care of yourself above all. We need you around for a long time.

4 Likes

Apply for unemployment benefits, this will give you money while you look for a job or if you want to take a break and live the good life for a while lols. the pay is descent from what i remember .

4 Likes

:slightly_smiling_face: agreed.

3 Likes

I’m glad you’re taking steps to keep both you and your dog safe. This job was very stressful for you. I agree with everyone that this is an opportunity to find a better fit. And I’m in total support of going to the hospital if you want to die. You’re too good of a person to leave this earth yet. We care about you and tgd world needs people like you in it. Don’t give up!

3 Likes

Please give us an update on your state and well being @Hanna_Foxx

3 Likes

I put a lot of effort into a college course to become a support worker but when the college didn’t support me I felt terrible and I had a big cry/bawl because of it, it didn’t help my dad died around the same time , I tried to finish my second year and get the qualification but I was let down by the other college again as well,

I managed to get a job as a support worker and passed all the training only for the company to give me more hours than I’d asked for on the first day and then they said I’d have to resign if I couldn’t do it, my mental health charity at the time made me sign a declaration to say that I know I can’t do this job so I didn’t forego my benefits,

it was all a big mess, now my cfs/me has made it even harder to do things but at least I managed to get a job as a school crossing warden so I am enjoying that, things changed and I had to adapt, I found it hard but I’m in a good place now, I hope you cn work it all out for yourself as well.

3 Likes

Not every job works out

The good thing is there are many to choose from

Don’t give up

There is something for you out there and might take time to find it

I have worked in marketing where plenty of people got fired

Some went on to do great things

A good employer is out there you just got to find them

I didn’t find my calling until 35 years old

4 Likes