please take care of yourself…we care about you a great deal…surely this can have a peaceful ending.
I’m praying for you
Right now you don’t know for certain that you’ll be fired on Thursday. I think you should be assertive and make an action plan to try to keep your job. After you do that, if they still want to fire you, you can say that you understand and thank them for the opportunity. You can then file for unemployment benefits to financially bridge the gap as you work on finding your next job. Thus don’t get ahead of yourself and catastrophize. You’re going to be okay.
I’ll copy & paste some information on what to say and what not to say. You don’t have to say any of it if you choose, or you can use all of it or some of it if you think it will be helpful:
[To keep your job when facing termination, immediately schedule a meeting to demonstrate accountability, apologize for shortcomings, and propose a concrete action plan for improvement. Express long-term commitment to the company, ask for clear feedback/check-ins, and highlight your willingness to upskill or change roles to add value.
Key Phrases and Actions to Use Take Accountability: “I understand where I fell short regarding [specific task], and I take full responsibility.”
Show Commitment: “I am fully committed to this company and want to fix this. What can I do to improve my performance immediately?”
Propose a Solution: “I would like to create a 30-day action plan to show I can meet these expectations, including weekly check-ins with you.”
Focus on Future Value: “I have identified the gaps in my skills and am already working on [training/skill] to better support the team”.
Ask for Specifics: “Can you help me understand the exact metrics or behaviors I need to change to turn this around?”
What to Avoid: Do not become defensive or argue, as this rarely changes the outcome. Do not bad-mouth the company or colleagues. Avoid making it personal or emotional.
Document everything: Keep a record of your accomplishments, tasks, and feedback.
Understand your worth: Make it clear that you are still contributing to the company’s profitability.
If the decision is final, maintain your dignity, stay calm, and ask for information regarding your final pay, benefits, and the reason for termination]–AI Overview
Totaly a really good idea. It will keep your self esteem in tact. You are not a failure, rather a warrior/fighter for what you dream of.
I have a potential job lead with my old company who I work for, I was with them around 3 1/2 years before I switched to my insurance job. Well I looked at their available jobs and there’s an insurance position that requires a property and casualty license. I just happen to have my property and casualty insurance license when I got hired at my current job the one I just lost the starting wage at my old company for this new position is 21 an hour which is really not too bad. I started my current position at 2275 an hour so have to step back down to 21 wouldn’t make it too big of a financial impact. I don’t know. We shall see. I’m going to apply to the position tomorrow after I polish up my résumé and yes, it is true. I’m not 100% positive. I’m getting fired on Thursday I’m just trying to make emergency precautions just in case and I do still plan on going to the hospital on Thursday if I do end up getting fired because I wanna make sure that I keep myself safe.
I told my parents today that I might go to the hospital on Thursday. They really encouraged me not to go and said that I should use the time instead to look for a new job and then work on my résumé however, I’m not sure if I can really keep myself safe. Safety is number one. I think I told my parents I would let them know either way, but I also let them know that I would not be calling from the hospital. My relationship with my parents is quite complicated.
Oh, and I also found somebody to watch my dog for me. If I do go to the hospital, she goes to my same church and said that she’d do it for free.
I think you should put in for the new job lead. Your current job may not be the best for you even if it does pay well. You can always turn down the new job if offered.
well yayy…I hope you get the new job…and good for you staying safe…hoping the best outcome for you.
Yeah I’m going to apply tomorrow, I’m currently suffering with heat exhaustion from being at the zoo with my parents today. I’ll work on my resume tonight when I feel better or tomorrow
Please go to the hospital if you have any concerns about your safety. I know that’s the plan already, I just want to encourage you that going to the hospital is a good plan.
ok drink water and maybe get some salts and potassium etc somehow
Thank you @Hemy that is the current plan. I also see my therapist Wednesday night so she can advise me too
I’m so glad you’re seeing your therapist before Thursday.
I won’t tell you my stories of jobs that didn’t workout, because I remember being in that stage of grief and hearing what other people went through was the last thing on my mind.
I just want to say you’re doing everything right and I’m proud of you. You separated yourself from your firearm while you’re going through this, you made a safety plan to go to the hospital, you found someone to watch your dog, and you also have an appointment with your therapist.
I don’t know if this helps, but I’m super proud of how you’re coping with this.
Thank you @Hemy that means a lot to me. I’m trying to do what I can