Lowering Risperdal dose per doctor’s orders

Because of some bothersome TD symptoms recently my doctor told me to lower my Risperdal dose from 3mg to 2mg.

Right now I’ve been on 2.5mg and so far other than experiencing some anxiety and sleep disturbances from the withdrawals, I’m doing fine.

Going down to 2mg starting tomorrow

I feel more motivated and alert, so far no mania or psychosis.

Really glad that I took the plunge

I was nervous and hesitant at first

4 Likes

Do you take any ap besides?

1 Like

I was watching a lifetime movie based on a true story where a guy kidnapped a girl with chloroform and gave her a shot to erase her memory. Then he told her she had a heart problem and gave her amiodorone for a fib. She got checked at the doctor she didn’t have a fib. Her husband who was a doctor was giving her high doses of risperidone which in high doses the movie said can cause memory lose. The lady hired a private eye on her husband he got a finger print from the guy and he found out everything. At the end of the movie she was being held hostage at a ranch because he memory came back. The private eye fought with the husband and got shot and died. The lady wrestled with her husband and pushed him out a window and the cops came. The lady had another husband and a kid but she couldn’t remember because her memory got erased. In the end she goes back to them. But for the whole movie she has glimpses of memories, the doctor her husband says we had a daughter but the house burnt down I saved you. He also says when she finds out she on an antipsychotic that when the daughter died she had a nervous breakdown and went to the psych ward and was diagnosed schizophrenic. He says he tried to hide this memory so they could have a happy family but he was lying. Good movie.

2 Likes

What do you mean @Milk?

Risperdal is the only Antipsychotic I take

1 Like

I ment seroquel

1 Like

No currently I’m not on Seroquel

1 Like

I hope lowering your ap helps with your TD. Good luck!

1 Like

Thanks @Vinegar! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I suffer from TD as well. My doctor prescribed Austedo and Ingrezza, but they didn’t work. Hopefully by lowering the Ap, you can lessen or get rid of the TD symptoms.

1 Like

Thanks @Sunshine!

Wave,clozapine is good for TD…

1 Like

Clozapine is a heavy hitter @Milk

I don’t have severe or treatment resistant schizophrenia

1 Like